How much is tuition?

Current students may check their WebSTAC account under “Billing Records” “Pay-View My Bill.”
Prospective students should speak with their program of interest (PT, OT, PACS, MD, MSIBS, MSDBS, MPHS, MSBMI, MSMP, MSGC,  or MAHBR).

My award package doesn’t fully cover tuition. How do I pay for the rest of tuition and/or my living expenses?

Your initial award may include an Unsubsidized Stafford loan. The maximum annual limit for this loan is $40,500 (MD) and $20,500 (non-MD). If you need to borrow beyond this, you may consider the Federal Graduate PLUS loan or a private loan. Some key differences between these two options can be found here.

When will I get my refund?

If you have accepted more financial aid than is needed to cover tuition, you may be owed a refund, which you may use for living expenses (rent, food, clothing, books, etc). Aid is scheduled to disburse approximately 10 days prior to the start of your classes. *That is the soonest we can request funds, not when you will receive a refund.

You may view your anticipated disbursement date on your Net Partner under the “Disbursements” page. If you are owed a refund, that should become available 7-10 business days after your aid disburses and is processed by the Office of the Registrars. This refund will be issued in a paper check unless you have set up eRefunds on your WebSTAC. To set up eRefunds through WebSTAC, go to “Billing and Bear Bucks”>”eRefunds.”

How do I receive a billing statement?

In an effort to support sustainability, Washington University has implemented a 100% paperless bill environment. Students will receive an email notification (WashU email account) regarding their billing statement and then must login to WebSTAC under “Billing and Bear Bucks” then  “Pay-View My Bill”.
The University Student Accounting office processes all e-billing statements.

How do I view current/ real-time billing information?

Billing information with itemized transactions can be found under WebSTAC  under “Billing and Bear Bucks” then “Account Inquiry.”

However, you may also view Billing and Bear Bucks, Pay/view my bill, then Transactions for a summary.

“I pay the bills” (Parents, spouse, etc.). Why can’t you share information with me about my student’s account?

The student enrolled is financially responsible for his or her account and is protected by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). However, students may give parents/spouses online access to their tuition statement by inviting them as an “Guest Access” on WebSTAC.  However, students may NOT authorize the Office of Student Financial Planning to share information over the phone or by email with parents or spouses.

How do I apply for aid & submit items?

Begin the process by completing your FAFSA using school code G24620. Select your program under  How to Apply and follow the specific application guidelines. Check your Net Partner for specific documents you may need to submit.

How do I submit financial documents

How will I receive my financial aid award package?

All required documents and informational submissions must be completed prior to any review of your financial aid application. However, once your file is complete our office will award your total possible eligibility and send you an online award notification email. All financial aid will be posted to your student portal Net Partner for you to view/accept/decline your aid.

I am an a non-U.S. citizen/ non-permanent resident what types of aid would I qualify for?

International students will not qualify for Federal financial aid assistance or University need-based aid. However, each independent program may offer merit-based scholarship awards.

Am I eligible for student aid?

All students applying for need-based University funds/scholarships/remissions must submit a valid FAFSA form, be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident, and be considered at least 1/2 time or greater for aid. University merit-based scholarships may not require submission of FAFSA, but students are encouraged to do so.

What type of aid is offered at Washington University School of Medicine?

For non-medicine programs, the office of Student Financial Planning primarily provides Federal student loan aid and couples it with any program available need-based or non need-based scholarships, Work-study, and Assistantships awarded directly from our multitude of graduate programs (PT, OT, PACS, MSIBS, MPHS, AHBR etc.).  Program in medicine students will be awarded merit-based scholarships from the committee on Admissions and need-based scholarships from office of student financial aid. Please view our Types of Aid page and select your program for more details.

How do I login to NetPartner?

At netpartnerstudent.wustl.edu use your SSN number as your Student ID. As a new user you will create your on PIN. If you have forgotten your PIN, you may reset this at any time by selecting “Forgot my PIN”.

I have previously logged into NetPartner, but now it is saying that NetPartner is unavailable. How do I log in?

This issue is most often a result of the student trying to login to the system with the incorrect password. The system will then lock the student out until someone from our office manually unlocks it. Please contact our office via phone (314-362-6845) or email (medfinancialaid@wustl.edu) to resolve this.

How do I accept my financial aid on NetPartner student portal?

Upon your initial entrance to this site, you will be required to read over the website “Terms and Conditions” prior to gaining access to accept or decline your aid. Accepting the terms and conditions of the website will not accept or decline your aid.  Once yearly Terms and conditions are accepted, you may select the “View/Accept/Decline Awards” screen and proceed to your award page.

What is the expected family contribution (EFC)?

The EFC is the product of a mathematical equation from the Department of Education/ FAFSA form based on your income, assets and household size in addition to other factors. The EFC is subtracted from a students’ cost of attendance (COA) and is used to award your need-based federal and institution financial aid.

What is a COA?

The COA is the the cost of attendance for each student program. This numerical compilation is based on the number of weeks enrolled, exact tuition charges, estimated program costs, and estimated living expenses (reported from surveys in the Saint Louis area). The COA represents the maxim amount a student can borrow during their particular financial aid academic period.