Budget-Friendly St. Louis
Living on a Student Budget in St. Louis
The city of St. Louis is livable on a student budget. There is a great deal of affordable, safe housing, on or off campus, great restaurants, and a free Metrolink pass as a WUMS student. St. Louis offers many free and/or discounted activities in both the city and counties of Saint Louis.
A few tips to help you survive on a student budget:
1. Get organized and create a monthly BUDGET of all expenses
2. Find a roommate to share rent and other monthly bills
4. Pay several months of rent up front when you receive a refund
3. Purchasing gas cards in advance or prepay for certain items when funds are disbursed each semester
4. Use coupons for EVERYTHING!
5. Shop discount and/or resale clothing stores – Big Lots, Family Dollar, Good Will, and Salvation Army just to name a few.
Don’t get overwhelmed! There is nothing wrong with asking for help, our staff is more than happy to meet with students to discuss their monthly budget. Call us for an appointment at 314-362-6845.
*The companies and/or services provided by any companies listed above, do not necessarily retain the University endorsement an/or indicate any preferential arrangement. This is for your information only.